Medium Risk Investing
Balancing potential loss and gain with reasonable FIFA market bets (3 methods)
1. Marquee Matchups
Like many investments, the sooner you beat the hype to these the better. Buying players for a potential Arsenal vs. Tottenham matchup two days before MM are released might yield you coins, but many people might have already invested in it by then. Buy early in order to grab those players before other people catch on.
Marquee matchups are a great method for the beginning of the year as there are not nearly as many cards on the market, and each time a person does an SBC that card vanishes. Low supply and high demand can mean some serious profit.
Marquee Matchups are released weekly at 6PM UK time.
2. UEFA Marquee Matchups
After receiving licensing for the Champions League in FIFA 19, EA began to release more CL related content throughout the year; one of these additions was UEFA MM.
These were released on the Tuesday (typically) of a Champions League week, the first for FIFA 19 being released on Tuesday, October 2nd featuring Bayern v. Ajax and Napoli v. Liverpool.
Often times the rewards for completing these SBCs were highly desirable, and requirements for the challenges rose dramatically.
Keep in mind these Champions League dates for the FIFA 20 season and prepare yourself accordingly, or simply check back here regularly to see my favorite looks.
- October 1st/2nd: Group Stage, Matchday 2
- October 22nd/23rd: Group Stage, Matchday 3
- November 5th/6th: Group Stage, Matchday 4
- November 26th/27th: Group Stage, Matchday 5
- December 10th/11th: Group Stage, Matchday 6
- February 18th/19th/25th/26th: Round of 16, First Leg
- March 10th/11th/17th/18th: Round of 16, Second Leg
- April 7th/8th: Quarter-Finals, First Leg
- April 14th/15th: Quarter-Finals, Second Leg
- April 28th/29th: Semi-Finals, First Leg
- May 5th/6th: Semi-Finals, Second Leg
- May 30th: Final – Atatürk Olimpiyat Stadı, Istanbul
3. Week by Week (buy Monday, sell Friday)
By no means a flashy strategy, but effective. Often times, people buy their squads for Weekend League on Thursday or Friday and sell them when they are finished. For this reason, demand is lower on Sundays and higher on Thursday/Fridays.
My recommendation would be to buy investments for the week on Monday at 1AM UK time following Squad Battle Rewards. With so many people opening packs all at once, there are good opportunities to get players for good deals at this time. Then, sell on Friday or whenever their prices rise to a point that you are happy with the profit.