How to Make 1 Million Coins by October 7th
The launch FIFA 20 is a few short weeks away. While Xbox users used to have the early advantage of EA Access, now all consoles will be able to begin playing the game on Wednesday, September 18th with their 10 hour-trial (and unlimited use of the web app, as well).
Here is how you can make 1 million coins in the 20 days that follow from September 18th to October 7th.
0-10k (September 18th)
- Login to the web app daily – EA give out rewards for logging into the web app every day. These rewards vary depending on how long you have played Ultimate Team; players that have been involved for more years will receive more glamorous packs and coin gifts. However, even if you just began playing FIFA this past year, make sure you login daily as small rewards of 50-100 coins can make a huge difference at the beginning of the trading season.
- Complete Objectives – These were introduced in FIFA 18. Starter Objectives, Daily Objectives, and Weekly objectives earn you rewards such as packs, coins, and items. While many of the rewards are slim, they can make a big difference in making your first couple thousand coins.
- Find filters that return players required for SBCs – In FIFA 18 and 19, the “One-Nation Midfield” SBC shown below was a HUGE moneymaker for me (see details in this article).
In FIFA 20, I anticipate there to be more challenges like this. Early SBCs are one of the only ways people can get decent pack rewards at the beginning, and because of this, players who are required for them are in high demand. However, people often don’t realize the value of these players and list them for far below what they are worth. I’ll communicate later on if there are any particular SBCs or filters which deem profitable.
10k-50k (September 19th-20th)
- Continue grinding profitable filters – It is essential to be trading religiously in the first 20 days following the web app release in order to get to 1,000,000 coins by October 7th. Target profiting at least 10k per hour when trading. If finding filters for SBCs proves unsuccessful, attempt trading silvers from popular leagues (Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1, La Liga, or Premier League) by either sniping or bidding on them. Utilize your full transfer list when doing so to maximize your profits.
- Attempt trading cheap TOTW 1 cards – Now that we have established a decent coin base, we can attempt to trade more expensive players. This is advantageous because there is less competition for these cards i.e. less people have the capital available to buy them. Try filtering Special – 15,000 coins max buy it now and see if you can get some deals on TOTW 1 players in the 59th minute.
- Monitor OTW gold card prices – Investing in these players was one of the best early investment options in FIFA 19.I expect more of the same for FIFA 20. Stay active on the website or socials to see who my favorite looks are when the time comes.
Player September 28th Price October 8th Price % Change Fedor Smolov 1,142 7,383 +546% Salif Sane 1,418 4,743 +234% Joao Cancelo 15,513 31,007 +100% Moussa Dembele 1,191 2,300 +93% Sime Vrsaljko 4,957 9,423 +90% Alexandr Goilovin 1,391 2,644 +90% Gonzalo Higuain 44,647 83,080 +86% Alex Witsel 6,153 11,373 +85% Jorginho 8,479 15,625 +84% Felipe Anderson 18,243 32,815 +80% Alisson 20,089 35,377 +76% Sokratis 7,842 12,983 +66% Fred 26,502 43,209 +63% Radja Nainggolan 119,977 190,380 +59% Naby Keita 6,247 9,916 +59% Thomas Lemar 17,989 28,674 +59% Quincy Promes 35,996 53,284 +48% Cristiano Ronaldo 1,688,245 2,143,413 +27% Mariano 5,978 7,382 +23% Richarlison 2,160 2,611 +21% Leon Goretzka 46,698 55,669 +19% Malcom 8.042 9,048 +13% Riyad Mahrez 51,561 50,120 -3%
50k-200k (September 21st-23rd)
- Continue grinding profitable filters – See above.
- Attempt trading cheap TOTW 1 cards – See above.
- Buy OTW gold players – We cannot be sure which players will make the Ones to Watch squad and which will not. For that reason, it is a good idea to spread out your investments. I recommend picking up at least one of each of these players and tossing them in your club. That way, they will not take up valuable transfer list space that could be used for trading.
- Buy TOTW 2 gold players – For the same reason that OTW gold cards are so profitable, so too are TOTW 2 gold cards. When a player gets an inform, their gold card is forced out of packs, cutting off their supply and often increasing their price. Take a look at these TOTW 2 gold card examples from FIFA 19.After the matchday for the weekend of September 21st-23rd, we will get an idea of who will make the TOTW 2. Pay attention to games on that Friday-Sunday to get in early before other investors. Just like OTW, it is hard to determine who exactly will make the TOTW 2 squad; diversify your gold investments to cover your bases and free up TL space.
Player September 26th Price October 2nd Price % Change Shoya Nakajima 800 4,000 +400% Kenny Lala 538 2,286 +325% Wesley 3,138 9,919 +216% Ron-Robert Zieler 526 1,218 +132% Joel Matip 1,379 3,176 +130% Miralem Sulejmani 648 1,426 +120% Lucas Leiva 2,225 4,179 +112% Vedad Ibisevic 477 934 +96% Lucas Hernandez 12,689 24,778 +95% Rodrigo De Paul 517 927 +79% Ilkay Gundogan 8,253 14,264 +73% Thomas Meunier 7,711 12,958 +68% Petr Cech 1,428 2,314 +62% Bertrand Traore 846 1,245 +47% Lorenzo Insigne 52,603 73,118 +39% Ahmed Musa 727 964 +33% Ben Yedder 5,615 4,927 -12% Anderson Talisca 4,049 3,223 -20%
200k-500k (September 24th-26th)
- Continue grinding profitable filters – See above.
- Attempt trading cheap TOTW 1/2 cards – See above.
- Buy unexpected TOTW 2 golds (Sept. 25th when TOTW drops) – We cannot be sure who will be in the TOTW squad when it comes out at 3PM UK time on September 25th. However, when it does drop grab any gold cards of players that weren’t expected to make the squad. These players will be less likely to have inflated from investors and, as the table above shows, are a safe bet to rise over the 7 days that they are out of packs.
- Refer back to this website – From FIFA to FIFA, much of what works in the early days is the same. We sell the items in the catalogue, activate coin boosts, and invest in TOTW 2/OTW gold players.From year to year, though, some players stand out as better/surer investments than others. In FIFA 19, that was Joao Cancelo (see % change in table above).There were a few reasons for this:
- He was in TOTW 1, meaning he was out of packs for the first week of the game (September 19th-26th).
- He had a high chance of making it in the OTW squad, meaning he would go out of packs again from September 28th-October 8th (only in packs for 2 days from 26th-28th).
- He was a fullback, a position that historically rises more than any others when going out of packs.Cancelo was a lock due to the circumstances that happened in the week leading up to the full release. We can’t be sure who the lock for FIFA 20 will be this far out. Refer back here from Tuesday, September 24th to Thursday, September 26th to see who my favorite look(s) are.
500k-1,000,000 (September 27th-October 7th)
- Continue grinding profitable filters – See above.
- Attempt trading cheap TOTW 2 cards – See above.
- Buy unexpected OTW golds (Sept. 27th when OTW drops) – We cannot be sure who will be in the OTW squad when it comes out at 6PM UK time on September 27th. However, when it does drop grab any gold cards of players that weren’t expected to make the squad. These players will be less likely to have inflated from investors and, as the table above shows, are a safe bet to rise over the 10 days that they are out of packs.
- Sell TOTW2/OTW gold cards – Historically, OOP (out of packs) investments tend to be the highest in the last day or two before they return to packs. I would wait to sell until TOTW 2 gold cards until around October 1st and OTW gold cards around October 6th.
Thanks Chief !
What would you do in UT with the 10 Play hours ?
Obviously utilize the Coinboosts but is there a Special way which is best? Like going for objectives or maybe just grinding Squad Battles ?
Best regards !
Playing the game itself. You can do trading on the web app, so it’s not wise to spend your 10 hours on the console transfer market.
As for what you play, it depends on your abilities as a player. More talented people should play drafts as the rewards often make it worth it. Less talented people could do squad battles to try and finish matches more quickly (as opposed to longer division rivals matches).
To start trading from the 18th in the web app I would need to have EA access correct? If I don’t I wouldn’t be able to create my FUT team and therefore the web app would not work?
I will have only the special edition early access… Will only be able to start anything on the 24th… Correct?
I believe you need to start on console before you can start on the web app, so yes, you would need to get EA access. EA access costs $4.99 a month, so you can buy it and cancel following the early access period (18-24th).
Can you send me a link of your free discord server?
There is no longer a free discord server.
Hey chief! Hope your well,
i had a good season which was made more enjoyable following your advice and first time playing the ultimate league…
I ended up with a team im more then impressed by with a record of 500wins 38draws and 228loss.
Over all i had a blast and you certainly played a massive part in my fifa 19 achievement as such!
I look forwards to fifa 20 and trading hard..
i feel for you when certain predictions dont pan out but im greatfull with the info provided theres always other options if we are clever enough to get the jist of your reasoning!
Thank you Chief. I have one question: “now all consoles will be able to begin playing the game on Wednesday, September 18th with their 10 hour-trial (and unlimited use of the web app, as well)”. The “unlimited use of the web app” part; is it 100% confirmed that web app access comes with acquisition of early access? I thought this process was largely randomized and innately only loyal veterans got the web app unlocked.
Really appreciate it if you could answer this. Thank you again.
There is no exact rule for this. I’ve heard situations where one person played less in the previous season than the other but was able to have the web app unlocked, where the person who logged more hours was still unable to access it. In general, though, the more you played the previous year(s) the better chance you’ll have of having it be unlocked on the 18th.
What do I need in order to get access to the web app on September 18th?
An account from FIFA 19 in good standing.
So no need to preorder fifa 20?
I don’t believe so, no.
Yo chief, Managed to round up about 25k in coins the first day. I did the SBC The Final Four and Give me Five. Im thinking of buying Lukaku as he is selling for 21k but his max buy is 400k. similar to nainggolan seeling for 15k max buy is 280k……what do you recommend doiing from here.
I wouldn’t be deceived by max price ranges being good investments. I think those two will rise, but not as much as others that I posted about (namely players in my ‘Top Buys’.
Thank you!… you think it is worth the risk of my 25k to try other SBCs? or buy some players and hold on for 10 days?
I’d either use the coins to snipe/trade or buy some players in my ‘Top Buys’.
Hey chief, i bought 2 Hirving Lozanos for 11k each 3 days ago, i am just sitting with them:
1) when is a good time to sell?
2) i currently have 25k, trying to snipe a Joao Felix (looking impossible), your top buys are sold out everywhere. any other suggestions i can utilize my 25k better for?
1. He will likely go out of packs for OTW on Friday. He will increase over the 10 days while out of packs until October 7th. Sell when you’re happy with the profit and/or see a better investing opportunity.
2. I posted some new players in my ‘Top Buys’.
I’ve spend all my profit on silver players from popular leagues and popular clubs. Many silver players are only 200 coins right now and the big question is when to sell and at what price? Should i be okay with 1000 coins or should i aim for higher? Or maybe it is simply impossible to say in general and will depend on the demand from the SBC’s?
I would not have went that route. Those cards will be valuable eventually, but it will take a while. Try to get target players that will get you a better ROI/time.
Like Aurier, Monreal, Haller, Joao Felix = OTW players and TOTW players? Thanks
Correct. My favorites are listed in my ‘Top Buys’. They are all a bit expensive at the moment, though, due to lack of supply. I’m hopeful they will drop in price when people are able to access their FIFA points ,though. There should be a good amount of supply that hits the market then. In general, I’d start with the more expensive ‘Top Buys’ first (Hernandez and Rodri, in particular).
Hey Chief, You have a great website here I and really appreciate a lot of the free tips and advice you give to the point that I’m considering buying a membership. Anyways, I have a few questions: 1. I’ve spent most of my time on Squad battles so far, is it worth playing/trying to qualify for a division in Division rivals? Or will that take up too much time and do you have to start over once you’ve played the 5 qualifier games? 2. My biggest question is about trading: I have about $8K coins right now and around 90 items (80 of them players that range in overall ranking from about 74-84, not to mention another 25 or so bronze and 15 or so Silver players stored in my club. I probably have around 10 players ranked 80+ sitting on my transfer list. My question is: When is the best time to sell them and should I just sell the lower rated ones or all of them up to the 80s and above? If not, when would be the best time to sell each player or group of 75s,76s, etc. I want to get to at least $20K to… Read more »
1. I would just stick with SB to try and get the rewards for Monday.
2. I would sell your stuff. You want to place your coins in places that will earn you the best ROI/time. If you can get Wan-Bissaka and Joao Felix they will offer you that. Aurier is a bit more of a hold.
Ok got it. Thanks! Just to reply:
1.I currently have Coman (84) (worth 19K right now) and Vinicius Jr. (79) (worth $7.1K right now) and am wondering if I should (A) sell them (B) hold onto them for Sept 24th-26th then sell or (C)hold onto them for the full release around Sept 27th-30th ad then sell.
2. When you say to get Bissaka, Felix, and Aurier (the regular version or TOTW version?), are you saying I should then look to sell them soon after getting them (if I got them today or tomorrow for example) or are you saying to wait and sell them during one of those other 2 time periods I mentioned above?
Thanks for your help FutChief
1. I would sell.
2. Aurier is the TOTW version. I would sell Bissaka and Felix after their price update. Aurier is up to you. Sell when you are happy with the profit and/or see a better investment opportunity.
Sorry to keep asking questions haha, but what do you mean to sell Felix after the price update?
He was extinct when his price range was capped at 10k. Now he is up due to an increase in his price range.
Ok. I have both Joao Sequiera (bought for $22K and selling for about the same currently) as well as Trent-Alexander Arnnold (bought for $30K and also selling for about the same currently). I’m wondering what you recommed doing with Sequiera? I missed the chance to sell Alexander-Arnold for $40K today. Now that Arnold made TOTW, do you think $40K would be a good price to sell at if I can tomorrow or should I wait b/c as you say, gold versions of TOTW players tend to rise in value, so I was thinking about maybe holding him until around that October 2nd date you showed in the example on this page in hopes he goes over $40K, is that a good idea or should I try to sell him for the $40K if I can get it tomorrow? I started the day with $40K, and spent about $30K on Jose Morales (82) ST from La Liga, one for my La Liga team and 2 that I bought at $8.8-9.2K and his top price is around $10.5-11K that I’ll try to sell tomorrow. The 3rd I can sell if needed but for my team he has amazing stats in the right… Read more »
1. Joao will rise gradually while out of packs. Sell when you are happy with the profit.
2. Yes, if you can sell him tomorrow for 40k that’d be a good exit.
3. Yes, they will max out around October 6th.
4. Prices will dip on Friday when the full game releases but rise from there until around October 11th.
Hi I packed Gerrard 89 last night, I was wondering wether to sell now or wait ?
I would sell and invest elsewhere.
Hey Chief, I bought Trent Alexander-Arold for $30K, right now he’s only around $31,750. I was wondering what would be a good price (you guess on what he’ll get to) that I should then sell him or if not a price then what would be a good time period to sell him?
If you want to play it safe, sell before the TOTW announcement at 3pm UK time.
If you want to gamble, hold in hopes that he makes it. If he does, he will rise. If he doesn’t, he will fall.
hi there chief, what is the best time in the 24 hour day to buy players to then sell in that same time frame?????
if possible could you answer via email it would be appreciated… thanks buddy// this question is with regard to fifa 20
There is no exact time. Each player is different.
Would you invest in gold Kolarov now at around 3.5k or do you think hes a little too expensive?
3.5 is fine.
Thanks, I know it’s hard to tell but whats your prediction of what he will sell for after standard edition release.
He will max out on Tuesday. I don’t know what he will be on Friday.
I bought about 5 Trent Alexander Arnolds for 30k. When would you recommend selling for maximum profit?
He will max out around Tuesday before returning to packs.