3 Market Implications for the New Icon System
Yesterday, EA released their ‘Pitch Notes’ about the new icon system for FIFA 20. You can read the full article here, but these are the main changes:
- There will no longer be Icon SBCs in FIFA 20.
- The 4 icon versions (base, middle, prime, moments) will be released in waves throughout the year.
- Base and middle will be available at the start of the game, prime will be released in December, and moments will be released in February.
- Similar to FUT Swaps, there will be 3 Icon Swaps promotions for FIFA 20.
- The first Icon Swaps will be released on October 11th featuring the 23 players shown above.
- The second and third Icon Swaps will be released at a later date.
- Unplayable icons will no longer have SBC value. Their prices will reflect that for FIFA 20 and be considerably cheaper.
- High rated players could be more volatile due to no consistent high rated SBCs from Icons.
- There will be high demand for player token objectives for FUT Swaps. This could mean high prices fluctuations for required players from said objectives.