22 for 22: Discard TOTS
22 for 22 is a series of 22 investing/trading highlights from FIFA 21, 1 posted each day over the course of September leading up to the FIFA 22 web app release on September 22nd. Reviewing these will help aspiring FIFA traders learn about the ins and outs of the FUT market and remind veterans of what they already know. Below is a list of the investments we have looked at already.
- Luis Suarez (October 8th, 2020)
- TOTS Barnes (April 29th, 2021)
- FOF Gnabry (June 18th, 2021)
- Inform Stindl (December 26th, 2020)
- Iago Aspas (April 4th, 2021)
- Headliners Yedder (April 3rd, 2021)
- Discard Informs (March 12th, 2021)
- Inform Walker (October 21st, 2020)
- FFS Estupiñán (February 18th, 2021)
- Toko-Ekambi (January 31st, 2021)
- Inform Izzo (December 31st, 2020)
- Anthony Martial (October 2nd, 2020)
- Discard TOTS (June 5th, 2021)
Bought for: XBOX 12k PS4 12k PC 12k
Highest price: XBOX 21k PS4 19k PC 24k
Profit: XBOX 8k PS4 6k PC 11k
ROI: XBOX 66% PS4 50% PC 90%
Reasoning for Investment: When TOTS comes, EA have a tendency to require TOTS cards for SBCs, and often times they continue to require them even after the promo ends. The cut in supply and continued demand for the cards often results in steady price increases. This was the case in both FIFA 20 and FIFA 21.
A 50%+ ROI is great, but these cards actually went much higher 2 weeks following the end of the TOTS promo, with many rising to 40k+. When TOTS comes in FIFA 22, keep that in mind as a club stock of discard TOTS cards is a smart strategy.