23 for 23: OTW Malen
23 for 23 is a series of 23 investing/trading highlights from FIFA 22, 1 posted each day over the course of September leading up to the FIFA 23 web app release on September 21st. Reviewing these will help aspiring FIFA traders learn about the ins and outs of the FUT market and remind veterans of what they already know. Below is a list of the investments we have looked at already.
- WW Teze (April 27th, 2022)
- PL Informs (March 19th, 2022)
- Signature Signings (November 29th, 2021)
- RTTF Tolisso (February 25th, 2022)
- MOTM Werner (March 11th, 2022)
- RTTK Amavi (February 11th, 2022)
- RTTK Manafá (October 22nd, 2021)
- Gold Diogo Jota (February 19th, 2022)
- Gold Insigne (April 8th, 2022)
- 1IF Jesus Navas (November 26th, 2021)
- OTW Malen (October 29th, 2021)
Bought for: PS4 28k XBOX 28k PC 29k
Highest price: PS4 38k XBOX 38k PC 42k
Profit: PS4 8k XBOX 8k PC 11k
ROI: PS4 29% XBOX 29% PC 38%
Reasoning for Investment: OTW cards are a gamble many players bet on in the early stages of FIFA. The trick with them, like many investments, is to sell in the hype before a certain event occurs (usually an upgrade). I’ve lost count of the times that a OTW or other live card rises leading up to TOTW on Wednesday only to fall off a cliff after the announcement is made at 6pm, whether they make it in or not.
Now that OTW cards can be upgraded for wins as well, it is a good idea to keep an eye on them with the FUTBIN OTW Tracker. Target those who have favorable fixtures and/or a large slate of league matches upcoming (e.g. teams have a midweek fixture). More matches mean a potentially shorter investment hold, allowing for reinvestment into other things. Time is money, and in the FIFA world we are always trying to maximize ROI/time.