22 for 22: Anthony Martial
22 for 22 is a series of 22 investing/trading highlights from FIFA 21, 1 posted each day over the course of September leading up to the FIFA 22 web app release on September 22nd. Reviewing these will help aspiring FIFA traders learn about the ins and outs of the FUT market and remind veterans of what they already know. Below is a list of the investments we have looked at already.
- Luis Suarez (October 8th, 2020)
- TOTS Barnes (April 29th, 2021)
- FOF Gnabry (June 18th, 2021)
- Inform Stindl (December 26th, 2020)
- Iago Aspas (April 4th, 2021)
- Headliners Yedder (April 3rd, 2021)
- Discard Informs (March 12th, 2021)
- Inform Walker (October 21st, 2020)
- FFS Estupiñán (February 18th, 2021)
- Toko-Ekambi (January 31st, 2021)
- Inform Izzo (December 31st, 2020)
- Anthony Martial (October 2nd, 2020)
Bought for: XBOX 70k PS4 70k PC 70k
Highest price: XBOX 165k PS4 190k PC 185k
Profit: XBOX 87k PS4 111k PC 106k
ROI: XBOX 124% PS4 158% PC 151%
Reasoning for Investment: Price range errors are almost guaranteed to happen early on. We saw it with Frenkie de Jong in FIFA 20, and there were loads of players who had too low of PRs in FIFA 21, namely Anthony Martial. If you can get your hands on them, they are almost guaranteed to net you some tidy profit.
While Martial offered the best profit and ROI from this list in FIFA 21, it is usually best practice to diversify and spread out your investments. It is also the case that more expensive players like Martial tend to offer lower ROI, but his Manchester United and striker position premium proved to be one of the better investments in the early stages of FIFA 21.