23 for 23: 1IF Theo Hernandez
23 for 23 is a series of 23 investing/trading highlights from FIFA 22, 1 posted each day over the course of September leading up to the FIFA 23 web app release on September 21st. Reviewing these will help aspiring FIFA traders learn about the ins and outs of the FUT market and remind veterans of what they already know. Below is a list of the investments we have looked at already.
- WW Teze (April 27th, 2022)
- PL Informs (March 19th, 2022)
- Signature Signings (November 29th, 2021)
- RTTF Tolisso (February 25th, 2022)
- MOTM Werner (March 11th, 2022)
- RTTK Amavi (February 11th, 2022)
- RTTK Manafá (October 22nd, 2021)
- Gold Diogo Jota (February 19th, 2022)
- Gold Insigne (April 8th, 2022)
- 1IF Jesus Navas (November 26th, 2021)
- OTW Malen (October 29th, 2021)
- WW Niakhaté (December 23rd, 2021)
- 1IF Theo Hernandez (January 18th, 2022)
Bought for: PS4 100k XBOX 95k PC 115k
Highest price: PS4 144k XBOX 127k PC 165k
Profit: PS4 37k XBOX 26k PC 42k
ROI: PS4 37% XBOX 27% PC 36%
Reasoning for Investment: When a new special for a player comes into packs, the older specials go down in price. While most people look to invest in the new special players after they go OOP, it is frequently more effective to buy the old versions; they tend to go up more consistently.
In the case of Theo Hernandez, the French fullback is a great investment year in and year out. There is a lack of quality LBs in Serie A and, as mentioned in the Niakhate article, French specials are moneymakers.