23 for 23: Nabil Fekir
23 for 23 is a series of 23 investing/trading highlights from FIFA 22, 1 posted each day over the course of September leading up to the FIFA 23 web app release on September 21st. Reviewing these will help aspiring FIFA traders learn about the ins and outs of the FUT market and remind veterans of what they already know. Below is a list of the investments we have looked at already.
- WW Teze (April 27th, 2022)
- PL Informs (March 19th, 2022)
- Signature Signings (November 29th, 2021)
- RTTF Tolisso (February 25th, 2022)
- MOTM Werner (March 11th, 2022)
- RTTK Amavi (February 11th, 2022)
- RTTK Manafá (October 22nd, 2021)
- Gold Diogo Jota (February 19th, 2022)
- Gold Insigne (April 8th, 2022)
- 1IF Jesus Navas (November 26th, 2021)
- OTW Malen (October 29th, 2021)
- WW Niakhaté (December 23rd, 2021)
- 1IF Theo Hernandez (January 18th, 2022)
- MOTM Müller (March 25th, 2022)
- Nabil Fekir (May 19th, 2022)
Bought for: PS4 5.5k XBOX 5.5k PC 5.5k
Highest price: PS4 8.5k XBOX 9.5k PC 11.5k
Profit: PS4 2.5k XBOX 3.5k PC 5.5k
ROI: PS4 52% XBOX 71% PC 109%
Reasoning for Investment: When TOTS begins, people’s clubs are generally filled with fodder; all the packs that they hoarded for weeks/months before stacked them with high rateds. As time goes on, people need to resort to the transfer market to buy their fodder for guaranteed TOTS SBCs. High rated cards reach higher and higher prices.
This logic applies to OOP cards, too – they generally do better later into the TOTS promo. La Liga typically does especially well as there are a lot of cheap, high rated cards that people can build SBCs around. Nabil Fekir is a perfect example.
What makes Fekir even better is the fact that he has a linkable nation in a great league outside of his home country (Luis Alberto & Lucas Digne are another examples). You often see these players rise considerably when going OOP, especially the 82-84 rated cards. With the new chemistry system in FIFA 23, I think it will be even more of the case.