23 for 23: John Stones
23 for 23 is a series of 23 investing/trading highlights from FIFA 22, 1 posted each day over the course of September leading up to the FIFA 23 web app release on September 21st. Reviewing these will help aspiring FIFA traders learn about the ins and outs of the FUT market and remind veterans of what they already know. Below is a list of the investments we have looked at already.
- WW Teze (April 27th, 2022)
- PL Informs (March 19th, 2022)
- Signature Signings (November 29th, 2021)
- RTTF Tolisso (February 25th, 2022)
- MOTM Werner (March 11th, 2022)
- RTTK Amavi (February 11th, 2022)
- RTTK Manafá (October 22nd, 2021)
- Gold Diogo Jota (February 19th, 2022)
- Gold Insigne (April 8th, 2022)
- 1IF Jesus Navas (November 26th, 2021)
- OTW Malen (October 29th, 2021)
- WW Niakhaté (December 23rd, 2021)
- 1IF Theo Hernandez (January 18th, 2022)
- MOTM Müller (March 25th, 2022)
- Nabil Fekir (May 19th, 2022)
- John Stones (March 17th, 2022)
Bought for: PS4 3k XBOX 3k PC 3k
Highest price: PS4 4k XBOX 4.5k PC 5.5k
Profit: PS4 800 XBOX 1300 PC 2200
ROI: PS4 27% XBOX 43% PC 74%
Reasoning for Investment: Leaks have become an increasingly bigger part of FIFA with each passing year. It is rare these days that we don’t know what kind of content beforehand. Whatever your opinion might be on this, it does cause waves in the market that can be taken advantage of.
One of the most frequent leaks seen is which players will be coming out in TOTW and promos. Gold cards are put out of packs for these, and prior to going OOP they often rise “in the hype” in anticipation of a supply shortage. Sometimes the hype rise is even greater than any movement created by a supply shock.
These two possible outcomes offer two different choices when it comes to selling these gold cards: do you sell a few hours before they actually go OOP, or do you hold for an extra week hoping for a further rise? Often times it depends on the player.
In the case of John Stones, he has a great track record of rising without supply. This is typical of a cheap 83 rated CB from a good league/nation.